- Prioritize consumption of solar power
- Avoid utility peak usage or time of usage charges
- Security from grid outage with reliable back-up power
Enabled by PriorityPower the Conext™ XW Pro, XW+ and SW will prioritize the self-consumption of stored battery and PV generated power over grid power, helping homeowners avoid high utility charges. Both XW series and SW also provide for backup in areas prone to grid outages. Conext™ XW Pro and XW+ takes it one step further by enabling excess PV power to be sold using GridSell.
Coupling the PV system to the battery bank with Conext™ MPPT Solar Charge Controllers is the most efficient and economical method for self-consumption and for storing PV power. Both Conext™ XW series and SW will also charge the battery bank from the grid if solar irradiation is insufficient. Batteries and Solar PV can be scaled up as needed.
There are two main applications of ParallelPower:
Peak Load Shaving: The Conext™ XW Pro, XW+ and SW can limit the power draw from the utility connection by adding power above a set point to support large temporary loads, helping avoid peak usage charges in areas with the tier-based tariff on the capacity of incoming feed or on peak consumption.
Grid Boosting: The Conext™ XW Pro, XW+ and SW can supplement grid input with extra AC power to support large loads, temporarily boosting power within a home beyond the limit of the grid connection.
Conext™ solutions includes:
- Prioritize consumption of solar power ahead of utility power with PriorityPower
- Avoid utility peak charges with ParallelPower
- Temporarily increase power within the home with ParallelPower
- Take advantage of the lower lifetime cost of Lithium Ion batteries with ChargePower technology
- Sell power to the utility with GridSell (Conext™ XW Pro and XW+)