The SUN2000 is a grid-tied PV string inverter that converts the DC power generated by PV strings into AC power and feeds the power into the power grid.
- Six independent maximum power point tracking (MPPT) circuits and 12 PV string inputs: Supports the flexible configuration of 2+2+2+2+2+2 strings.
- 12 routes of high-precision smart PV string monitoring: Help identify and rectify exceptions timely.
- MBUS networking: Uses the existing power line for communication and does not require an additional communications cable, which reduces the construction and maintenance costs and improves communication reliability and efficiency.
- Smart I-V curve diagnosis: Implements I-V scanning and health diagnosis for PV strings. In this way, potential risks and faults can be detected in time, improving the plant operation & maintenance (O&M) quality.
- Embedded DC and AC SPDs: all-dimensional surge protection
- Embedded residual current monitoring unit: Immediately disconnects from the power grid upon detecting that the residual current exceeds the threshold.
- Natural cooling
- Free fuse design
- Protected to IP65.
- Effective design against ground subsidence: The AC terminal block can be pulled down by up to 50 mm due to the pulling force.
The SUN2000 applies to distributed grid-tied commercial PV systems and large-scale grid-tied PV plants. Typically, a grid-tied PV system consists of the PV string, SUN2000, AC combiner box, and step-up transformer.
A. PV string
C. AC combiner box
D. Step-up transformer
E. Power grid
Note: The SUN2000 is powered by a dedicated power transformer instead of connecting to low voltage overhead power lines.
Supported Power Grid
Figure: Supported power grid
Note: The SUN2000 can also apply to the AC power system with the neutral point grounding of the step-up transformer. The SUN2000 itself does not connect to any neutral wire.
Figure: AC power system with the neutral point grounding